Thursday, December 29, 2011

From 99 words for Ellen

You have breath for no more than 99 words .
What would they be ?
Here is a response from Scilla Elworthy peace and human rights trust founder Oxford Research Group and Peace Direct

If I look back I see
that fear lies to me.

"You'll fail," it said to me when I started out on the path.
"Here's how ," painting detailed pictures of pain.
When I was on the way fear scared me again and again .
"Too weak ,too old , turn back."

I did walk on ,encumbered by this load.
It wasn't easy,
but it wasn't what I'd been told.


I didn't fail.
Without the load I might have stumbled less.

The trick is to hear
when it is fear speaking
and hear it fast enough to let it drop. 

1 comment:

  1. Bon Voyage 2012

    Here is to my fearless friend
    who sets her foot on new and unknown waters
    to find adventure,
    fulfillment
    and to confirm that there is a deeper love.
    Fair sailing my sister

    j

    ReplyDelete